This programme provides participants with the basic skills for theatre performance and production. The programme is aimed for both new- comers and experienced participants as it seeks to:
- Introduce newcomers to the prerequisites, techniques and skills of Theatre Performance and Production.
- Nurture and develop the skills of participants who are already active in the theatre scene, to give them the necessary hands-on skills as future theatre makers and practitioners.
The programme is divided into two stand-alone modules:
- Non-Formal Award: Introducing the Art of Drama
- Non-Formal Award in the Art of Drama
Non-Formal Award: Introducing the Art of Drama (Year 1)
Introducing the Art of Drama is the first module and aims to introduce participants to the basic skills and competencies in the Art of Drama through:
- practical training sessions
- presentations and talks
- workshops and seminars
- site-visits and attendances to performances
- preparation, rehearsals and performances in which the participant is directly involved.
Non-Formal Award in the Art of Drama (Year 2)
Participants who successfully complete Module 1 will be able to read this Module during the subsequent year. This Module builds on the knowledge, skills and competencies acquired in Module 1 thus allowing participants to take up roles of greater leadership and responsibility.
This Module focuses on: Leadership, Autonomy, Mentoring, Theatre-making and Self- Assessment Skills. The above skills are essential tools required in an active theatre career and are also transferrable skills for other places and fields of work.