What will I learn in Italian?
For Advanced and Intermediate levels, at the end of the two-year programme, you will learn to communicate effectively in Italian, both orally and in writing.
For SEC/O Level, at the end of the one-year programme, you will learn to communicate effectively in Italian, both orally and in writing.
The course resources and texts, which are based on familiar topics and day-to-day life situations, will facilitate this journey towards proficiency in the language. Equal importance will be given to the four main language skills: reading, writing, speaking, and listening. You will learn to critically analyse literary works, enjoy reading the novels and gain knowledge on historical aspects.
How will I benefit from studying Italian?
The course encourages you to communicate confidently, clearly and effectively through both the spoken and written language.
You will not only learn about cultural aspects and the rich Italian civilisation, the cradle of all civilizations and culture, but you will also further develop linguistic skills in general while you enhance your self-esteem.
Job opportunities include Tourism and Hospitality Industry and EU institutions.
What textbooks and/or resources do I need?
- Il Nuovo Progetto Italiano 3, Libro dello Studente, Edilingua, Roma | ISBN 9788899358983
- Il Giardino dei Finzi Contini, Giorgio Bassani | ISBN 978-88-06-17435-4
- A miracol mostrare – Nuova Edizione, Vol 1 e Vol 2, Merlin Publications
- Il Nuovo Progetto Italiano 3, Libro dello Studente, Edilingua, Roma| ISBN 9788899358983
- Io non ho paura, Niccolò Ammaniti | ISBN 978-88-06-20769-4
No specific textbook has been assigned for this course.