Foreign Students

Foreign students in possession of an eID can apply online through the school website. Foreign students not in possession of an eID can only apply through the school.  All foreign students need to present the following documents: 

  1. A valid (not expired) Residence Permit Card obtained from Identity Malta; 
  2. A copy of the original passport or ID card; 
  3. A copy of the original passports or ID cards of parents or legal guardians; 
  4. A copy of a valid (not expired) Residence Permit Card of parents or legal guardians; 
  5. A copy of work permit/or licence to operate a business of one of the parents or legal guardian; 
  6. A copy of contract of lease of residence of parents or legal guardians;
  7. A copy of recognition of the academic qualifications by MQRIC. Only a Level 3 or equivalent (or better) is accepted by GCHSS. The student might be asked to sit for a proficiency test in English; 
  8. Third Country nationals (non-EU) are requested to pay the required fee at the Education Division, Accounts Section, Great Siege Road, Floriana. A receipt of payment for the whole scholastic year is to be presented; 
  9. Third Country nationals (non-EU) may request exemption from fees by applying at the Educational Institutions Board, Education Division, Great Siege Road, Floriana.

Maltese Students who have Studied Abroad

Maltese students who have studied abroad and are applying to continue their studies at GCHSS need to present a qualification recognition certificate. To obtain this certificate students are required to contact the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre.  A certificate indicating the level of education compared to the Maltese education system will be issued.