This course is divided into 80% theory and 20% fitness testing. The theoretical part includes modules in techniques, tactics and rules of team games, anatomy and physiology, acquiring movement skills and socio-cultural studies. For fitness testing students are required to perform various tests which are assessed according to the Matsec board criteria.
- OCR PE for AS by Graham Thompson, Nesta Wiggins-James , Rob James, HODDER EDUCATION; ISBN 978-0-340-95868-1
The teaching programme is supplemented by:
- Guest coaches in sports as required by the syllabus of Intermediate PE
- Visits to standard athletics tracks for fitness testing, and visits to various other sport venues related to the games being examined
Further Studies / Career Opportunities
- University of Malta (e.g. Education, Sport)
- Careers in sports psychology, sports nutrition, physiotherapy, armed forces of malta, sports science, sports management and coaching