What will I learn in Art & History of Art?
The Art and History of Art course consists of practical and theoretical lessons. You will become familiar with different artistic techniques and concepts. You will have practical lessons in:
- free-hand drawing on natural and life objects
- studies in the human figure
- drawing (en-plein air) of landscapes
- contemporary art
- three- dimensional projects in fine art
- fine art print making
- digital art
You will also attend for History of Art lessons which cover 2000 years of historical art.
How will I benefit from studying Art & History of Art?
Art will help you develop your creative skills and will increase your perseverance and ability to focus. During your sessions of art production, you will also sharpen your higher order thinking skills such as problem solving, application and evaluation.
History of Art is intended to develop your critical powers to enable you to criticise and analyse different works of art.
Are there any special considerations?
- A Level students: students have four practical sessions and two History of Art lessons.
- Intermediate Level students have two practical and two History of Art lessons.
What textbooks and/or resources do I need?
You will be informed about the necessary materials at the start of the course.
History of Art
The necessary workbook is available from the school.